Long-acting Beta-agonists Market: Introduction
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease defined by growing airflow restriction and respiratory symptoms, which are frequently accompanied by chronic comorbidities, resulting in a major burden for the patient.
• Specific pharmaceutical therapy for COPD aids in the prevention and control of symptoms, frequency & intensity of exacerbations, improvement of health status, and improvement of exercise tolerance. Inhaled bronchodilators, such as 2-agonists and muscarinic antagonists, enhance lung function by changing airway smooth muscle tone; however, these have an effect on the peripheral airways. These decrease air trapping and enhance lung emptying, lowering lung volumes, and improving lung function.
• Since the late 1990s, inhaled long-acting 2-agonists (LABAs) such as formoterol and salmeterol have been approved for the treatment of COPD. These enhance lung function, symptoms of shortness of breath and activity restriction, health-related quality of life, and reduce the number of exacerbations. However, not all patients obtain clinically relevant improvements in symptoms or health-related quality of life.
Moreover, LABAs have a good safety profile and are not linked with an increased risk of respiratory mortality. However, side effects such as palpitations and tremor could restrict the tolerable dose. The half-life of formoterol and salmeterol is 12 hours.
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market: Drivers, Restraints, Trends
• Rise in prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases is a key factor boosting the growth of the global market. Additionally, adoption of combination therapies such as formoterol and salmeterol has increased, as these have shown significant improvements in lung function.
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases are caused due to exposure to air pollution, working with chemicals, dust & fumes, breathing secondhand smoke, and a history of childhood respiratory infection or a genetic condition called alpha-1 deficiency. This is projected to boost the growth of the global long-acting beta-agonists market during the forecast period.
• According to the American Lung Association, about 85% to 90% of all COPDs are caused by cigarette smoking. More than 7,000 chemicals are created when a cigarette burns, many of which are harmful. The toxins in cigarette smoke has dangerous effects that weakens lungs' defense against infections, narrows air passages and causes swelling in air tubes, and destroys air sacs, which in turn cause COPDs.
• Long-acting beta-agonist usage is increasing across several industries, with significant growth in hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers, as well as increased environmental concerns. This boosts the growth of the global long-acting beta-agonists market.
• Rise in disposable income, increase in awareness, and surge in geriatric population are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global market
• Surge in usage of bronchodilators for the treatment of cystic fibrosis augments the global long-acting beta-agonists market
• However, adverse effects associated with bronchodilators and government restrictions regarding the safety and efficacy of bronchodilators are expected to restrain the global market. Nevertheless, continuous R&D initiatives on bronchodilator are expected to drive the long-acting beta-agonists market.
North America Accounts for Major Share of Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market
• North America accounted for the largest share of the global long-acting beta-agonists market in 2020, followed by Europe. Rise in prevalence of cystic fibrosis and increase in government initiatives to raise awareness about COPD, asthma, and other chronic respiratory illnesses contribute to the region's large market share. Moreover, presence of top players such as AstraZeneca and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. drives the market in the region.
• However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is attributed to increase in patients with respiratory disorders and considerable improvement in the health care sector in the region.
Key Players in Long-acting Beta-agonists Market
• Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
• Boehringer Ingelheim
• GlaxoSmithKline plc
• Merck KGaA
• Mylan N.V.
• Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
• AstraZeneca plc
• Pfizer, Inc.
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market: Research Scope
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market, by Drug Type
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis: www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=84203
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market, by Indication
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market, by Route of Administration
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market, by Distribution Channel
• Hospital Pharmacies
• Retail Pharmacies
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Behavioral Health Market: www.transparencymarketresearch.com/behavioral-health-market.html
Egg Donation Market: www.transparencymarketresearch.com/us-egg-donation-market.html
Surgical Procedures Volume Market: www.transparencymarketresearch.com/surgical-procedures-volumes-market.html'
Healthcare Automation Market: www.transparencymarketresearch.com/healthcare-automation-market.html
Mobile Hospitals Market: www.transparencymarketresearch.com/mobile-hospitals-market.html
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims.
The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
This release was published on openPR.