Despite being a chronic condition, undertaking certain steps can help prevent asthma from disrupting an individual’s daily life.
Here are some easy ways in which you can manage asthma:
- Practice breathing exercises: Several breathing exercises and techniques can serve as an effective way to control and regulate the breath. Apart from treating asthma symptoms, these exercises can also help get rid of stress and anxiety.
- Mind the environmental triggers: Several environmental elements such as pollen, dust, dirt, pollutants, cold, etc. can serve as a trigger and aggravate symptoms of asthma. Make sure that you take precautionary measures to manage them.
- Manage stress and anxiety: Stress and anxiety are some common triggers of asthma. Undertake steps such as workouts, meditation, etc. to manage these mental triggers.
- Look out for dietary triggers: Mucus forming foods such as milk, fried foods, wheat, etc. can trigger asthma symptoms. Consume a healthy and balanced diet that's free of these triggers.
- Be careful of strong odours: Smell can also play a role in asthma symptoms. Avoid using strong perfumes, air fresheners, deodorants, etc. to prevent triggers.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.