As per DelveInsight, the Emphysema Market is anticipated to evolve immensely in the coming years owing to the rising cases in 7MM, improvement in diagnostic approaches, a better understanding of the disease, and the launch of new therapies in the market.
DelveInsight's "Emphysema Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast 2032" report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the Emphysema Market Size and Share in the seven major markets (7MM) (i.e., the United States, EU4 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France), the United Kingdom and Japan).
The market report covers emerging drugs, treatment practices, market share of individual Emphysema therapies, and current & forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032. It also evaluates the current Emphysema treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers & barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
Emphysema: An Overview
Emphysema is one of the diseases that comprise COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). COPD is a group of lung diseases that make it hard to breathe and get worse over time. According to the American Lung Association, Emphysema develops over time and involves the gradual damage to lung tissue, specifically the destruction of the alveoli (tiny air sacs). Gradually, this damage causes the air sacs to rupture and create one big air pocket instead of many small ones. This reduction in the lung surface area traps air in the damaged tissue and prevents oxygen from moving through the bloodstream. Additionally, this blockage causes the lungs to slowly overfill and makes breathing increasingly more difficult.
Emphysema cannot be cured, however, many treatments are available to help manage symptoms. Bronchodilator medications relax the muscles, anti-inflammatory medication can reduce airway inflammation, and oxygen therapy can assist patients who need help breathing. In extreme situations, lung volume reduction surgery can relieve pressure by removing a portion of diseased lung tissue.
The major challenge in the coming years remains to prevent the onset of smoking as Emphysema is so strongly linked to smoking, with early detection of the disease in the general population.
Discover How Emphysema Market will Grow by 2032:
Emphysema Market Key Facts
• The prevalence of emphysema in the United States is approximately 14 million, which includes 14% white male smokers and 3% white male nonsmokers. The prevalence is slightly less for white female smokers and African Americans (Pahal et al., 2020).
• A rare hereditary autosomal recessive disease, alpha one antitrypsin deficiency, can also lead to emphysema and liver abnormalities. However, it only contributes to 1% to 2% of cases of COPD.
• In a study by Raherison and Girodet, 2009 the overall prevalence of COPD was estimated to be 7.6% (95% CI 6-9.2%) independent of the defined diagnostic criteria, the prevalence of emphysema (via chest radiograph) was estimated to be 1.8% (95% CI 1.3-2.6%) on the basis of eight studies.
• According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of adults who have ever been diagnosed with emphysema in the United States is around 3.8 million in 2016.
The market outlook section of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted market size by analyzing the impact of current and emerging Emphysema therapies in the market. It also provides a detailed assessment of the Emphysema market drivers & barriers, unmet needs, and emerging technologies.
The report gives complete detail of the market trend for each marketed Emphysema drug and late-stage pipeline therapies by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action (MOA), competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders.
The epidemiology section covers detailed insights into the historical, and current Emphysema patient pool and forecasted epidemiology trends for every seven major countries (7MM) from 2019 to 2032.
The Report Covers the Emphysema Epidemiology Segmented as -
• Total prevalent cases of Emphysema in the 7MM (2019-2032)
• Total diagnosed and treatable cases of Emphysema in the 7MM (2019-2032)
• Etiology-specific cases of Emphysema in the 7MM (2019-2032)
• Age-specific cases of Emphysema in the 7MM (2019-2032)
Get Key Insights Into the Evolving Emphysema Epidemiology Trends:
Emphysema Drugs Uptake and Pipeline Development Activities
The drugs' uptake section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Emphysema market or expected to be launched during the study period. The analysis covers the market share by Emphysema drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
The report's drugs uptake section helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake and the reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs. It allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which again will be helpful in investigating factors important in understanding the market dynamics and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
The report also covers the Emphysema Pipeline Development Activities and provides valuable insights about different therapeutic candidates in Phase II and Phase III stages and the key companies in the market involved in developing targeted therapeutics. It also analyses recent developments such as collaborations, acquisitions, mergers, licensing patent details, and other information for emerging therapies.
Explore More About Ongoing Pipeline Development Activities:
Emphysema Therapeutics Assessment
Emphysema is not curable, but there are emphysema treatment options available. These are designed to help lessen the impact of emphysema symptoms on everyday life. There are medications available to help control symptoms, devices required in the later stages of emphysema to deliver oxygen to the lungs, and some surgical options that are available to a limited number of people. Quitting smoking is also essential for patients with emphysema since continuing to use tobacco will only further damage the lungs.
The current emerging landscape is limited for Emphysema, mainly comprising a few Phase II and Phase III candidate drugs. The key players for phase II and III clinical development are Mereo BioPhara, United Therapeutics, and others.
Leading Companies in the Emphysema Therapeutics Market Include
• United Therapeutics
• Mereo BioPharma
And Many Others
Emerging and Marketed Emphysema Therapies Covered in the Report Include
• Tyvaso Treprostinil: United Therapeutics
• Alvelestat /MPH-966: Mereo BioPharma
• Beliimumab: GlaxoSmithKline
And Many Others
Learn More About the Emerging Therapies & Key Companies in the Emphysema Therapeutics Market:
Table of Content (TOC)
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary
3. Emphysema Competitive Intelligence Analysis
4. Emphysema Market Overview at a Glance
5. Emphysema Background and Overview
6. Emphysema Patient Journey
7. Emphysema Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Emphysema Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Emphysema Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Emphysema Treatment
11. Emphysema Marketed Products
12. Emphysema Emerging Therapies
13. Emphysema Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute Analysis
15. Emphysema Market Outlook (7 major markets)
16. Emphysema Access and Reimbursement Overview
17. KOL Views on the Emphysema Market.
18. Emphysema Market Drivers
19. Emphysema Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
*The table of contents is not exhaustive; the final content may vary.
Download the Sample PDF to Get Detailed Insights About the Report's Offerings:
-------------------------------------------- xx --------------------------------------------
Other Trending Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight -
Bowen's Disease Market
Cartilage Diseases Market
Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease Market
Dental Lasers Market
Down Syndrome Market
Extracorporeal Circulation System Market
Gastro Intestinal Bleeding Market
Gene Therapy for Ocular Rare Disease Market
Germ Cell Tumor Market
India Healthcare Outlook
Insulin Glargine Biosimilar Insight
Liver Angiosarcoma Market
Manager (Marketing & Branding)
Email: [email protected]
428, D21 Corporate Park, Sector-21, Dwarka, New Delhi-110077, India
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
This release was published on openPR.