The best Anxiety apps is a highly prevalent yet profoundly disruptive experience. It can cause sleepless nights, missed opportunities, physical pain, and crippling panic attacks, all of which make it hard for a person to feel like themselves.
Checking out one of the anxiety apps mentioned in this article can help you deal with and control your symptoms. These apps can be used along with professional therapy to help people deal with or accept their anxious thoughts and feelings. Also, they give you a sense of control when you are not in therapy.
Even though it’s normal to feel anxious and nervous before a test or when starting a new job, anxiety becomes a problem when it has a big effect on a person’s daily life for a long time. People with anxiety disorders may feel fear, anxiety, panic, or worry all the time, which can make it hard for them to do things they used to enjoy. Below we have mentioned the best Anxiety apps.
Table of Contents
Best Anxiety Apps Comparison Table
- Guided meditations to help with stress and anxiety.
- exercises for breathing and ways to calm down.
- Bedtime stories and relaxing music can help you sleep better.
- Daily exercises and reminders to stay calm.
- Sounds and pictures of nature can help you relax.
Calm was started in 2012 and quickly became well-known. It says that it is the best app for sleep, meditation, and relaxation because it has over 1.5 million 5-star reviews, and we agree. Currently, this is one of the best Anxiety apps you can download now.
The app is easy to use and has many ways to help with anxiety, such as breathing exercises, meditation, and dance therapy. With help from an expert, it’s easy to learn the different ways to meditate. Calm’s Sleep Stories, which are read by famous people like Harry Styles, LeVar Burton, Kate Winslet, Kelly Rowland, and Pink, make it stand out from other apps. deadmau5, Moby, and Alanis Morissette have also made ambient music tracks.
There is a free version of the app with limited features, such as timed meditations, sleep scenes, a bedtime story, a breathing exercise, journaling resources, and a monthly calendar with mindfulness prompts to help you focus and calm down. The app also has a lot for kids, like stories, music, and ways to relax.
- Offers a variety of guided meditations and stories to help you fall asleep.
- Relaxing music and sounds of nature are available on this app.
- Includes exercises for breathing and being present.
- You have to pay for some of the more advanced features.
- Some people might find the interface too complicated or distracting to use.
- There aren’t many ways to change how meditation sessions work.
- Online counseling is possible with the help of licensed therapists and counselors.
- Messages, live chat, and video sessions that are easy to use and private.
- Therapy plans that are made just for you and your anxiety needs.
- Tools and resources to help you keep track of your moods, set goals, and write in a journal.
- Support networks and community forums are great ways to meet new people.
The BetterHelp app makes it easy to find the right therapist for you. It has more than 25,000 of them. You’ll start by filling out a short intake form. Then, the company will match you with a recommended therapist who fits your needs, usually within 48 hours. You can change therapists as often as you want until you find the right one for you. All of its therapists have a master’s degree or a doctorate and have worked in the field for at least three years and 1,000 hours. Thus, this is one of the best Anxiety apps you can download now.
Your app subscription gives you access to one live chat, video, or phone session every week. You can also send your therapist a message at any time, day or night, and they will usually answer quickly Monday through Friday. The service also offers a personal and private online journal and group seminars, called “groupinars,” that cover topics like setting boundaries and learning how to deal with stress. You can cancel your membership at any time if you don’t like the service.
- Offers online therapy sessions that are easy to get to and are convenient.
- Gives you a large network of licensed therapists from which to choose.
- It lets people talk to therapists through messages, live chat, or video calls.
- You have to pay for a subscription and it can be expensive to use for a long time.
- Depending on what each person needs, online therapy may or may not work well.
- Not good for people who need help right away because of a crisis.
- For dealing with anxiety, mindfulness exercises and guided meditations can help.
- There are ways to improve focus, lower stress, and become more self-aware.
- Sleep sounds and exercises to calm down can help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Yoga and other gentle workouts that involve moving with awareness.
- When you’re panicking, you can do SOS exercises to calm down right away.
Headspace was started in 2010 by a former Buddhist monk named Andy Puddicombe and a marketing and brand development expert named Richard Pierson. Their mission is to “improve the health and happiness of the world.” It does this by making it easy to meditate, even if you have never done it before. It feels like the meditation app for people who don’t like to meditate because it has fun, colorful animations and game-like milestones that make learning a blast. Currently, this is one of the best Anxiety apps you can download now.
Meditation teaches you to welcome the thoughts that run through your head, but also to learn how to let them go. It helps you learn how to be with yourself. The Headspace app has a lot of different meditations and courses that can help with anxiety, stress, motivation, refocusing, and increasing your ability to pay attention. The app even has short, two-minute meditations called “SOS” that can help you calm down when you are about to lose it. There are “mindful fitness” sessions that work your mind and body, and there are “sleepcasts” that help you fall asleep with soft sounds and stories without a plot.
- Offers different guided meditations for people with different needs and goals.
- Includes short meditation sessions that are good for people just starting out.
- You have to pay for some of the more advanced features.
- Long-term users may get tired of the same content over time.
- Programs that can be changed to help reduce stress and anxiety.
- There are mindfulness exercises for people of all ages, from kids to adults.
- Guided meditation sessions that are made to fit your needs or situation.
- To motivate and track personal growth, keep track of your progress and achievements.
- There are mindfulness programs for the workplace and for schools.
Smiling Mind is an evidence-based app made by psychologists and health professionals. It was originally funded by the Australian government to help kids deal with stress by teaching them mindfulness. The app is still free and is run by a non-profit, even though it won Australia’s #1 Apple Health & Wellbeing App in 2018. It has a lot of content for kids, including things for 7- to 9-year-olds, 10-12-year-olds, 13-15-year-olds, and 16-18-year-olds. Even guides for teachers on how to bring mindfulness into the classroom are included.
The app starts kids off with a short meditation called “The Bubble Journey.” Kids earn badges based on their progress, which keeps them interested and coming back for more. You can also keep a journal, learn how to count your senses, and do other mindfulness exercises. There is a lot for adults, too. For example, healthcare workers and teachers can get help with focus, relationships, concentration, mindful eating, and more through special programs. Still, this is one of the best Anxiety apps you can download now.
- Offers exercises for different age groups to help them be more mindful and meditate.
- Offers programs that are made to help people deal with stress and anxiety.
- There are no in-app purchases and the app is free.
- The design and user interface of the app might not be as polished as those of some other apps.
- Compared to other apps, this one doesn’t have as many meditation programs.
- The voice instructions might not be what everyone wants.
- There are a lot of different designs and patterns in this coloring book app.
- Color therapy can help you relax and feel less stressed.
- A way to express yourself creatively and take your mind off your worries.
- There are social sharing features that let users connect with each other and show off their work.
- There are new coloring pages and themes added every day.
Colorfy is an easy-to-use app that lets people color flowers, animals, gardens, mandalas, unicorns, and more to get creative and feel calm. The content for premium users is updated every day, giving them more gradients, brushes, images, and color schemes to use. You can draw a mandala, color a picture that was made from a photo, and write a message that you can then color. Currently, this is one of the best Anxiety apps you can download now.
A lot of the content is about the senses, with pictures of food and people doing things. This lets users get out of their heads and focus on how they feel. Taking a break to color is a great way to relax, and with the Colorfy app, you can do it anywhere and at any time. There is a free version with a lot of ads and very little content. You can try out the premium version for free for three days. Every day, new content is added to the premium version. Even though the app is aimed at teens, it has a lot to offer people of all ages.
- Offers a way to relax and be creative by coloring.
- There are a lot of coloring pages and patterns to choose from.
- Comes with soothing music and sounds.
- It’s mostly about coloring as a way to relax, which may not be for everyone.
- Some features and coloring pages may need to be bought inside the app.
- There aren’t enough interactive features or specific advice for dealing with anxiety.
Many anxiety apps have free versions with limited features or a trial period, but to get the full set of features, you usually have to pay for a premium subscription. Some apps have both free and paid content, while others don’t have any paid content at all. Checking the app’s pricing structure is the best way to find out which features are free and which ones require a paid subscription.
Anxiety apps are not meant to replace therapy or treatment from a professional for people with anxiety disorders. But they can be helpful ways to deal with anxiety symptoms, take care of yourself, and improve your overall health. If you have a lot of anxiety or have been told you have an anxiety disorder, it’s important to get help from a mental health professional who can give you the right advice and care.