Have you ever experienced racing thoughts or uneasiness in the morning, even before you get out of bed? It is known as morning anxiety, which is still not classified as a medical terminology. It refers to waking up with feelings of stress and anxiety. Some amount of anxiety is considered natural. Anxiety becomes a disorder, however, when it becomes excessive. Let’s take a look at some tips with which you can overcome morning anxiety. Read on.
1. Disciplined morning routine- A disciplined morning routine can contribute immensely to relieving the human body from feelings of anxiety and stress. Exercises like deep breathing, walking, and meditation can help the mind to feel relaxed and comforted. You shouldn’t force yourself into rising early at the expense of getting a full night’s rest.
2. Breathing- Paying focus to our breath flow and performing deep breathing exercises can help in calming our nervous system. It also reduces anxiety levels.
3. Avoid Coffee- Experts believe high caffeine consumption can make anxiety and sleep problems worse. Herbal tea should be preferred, instead of highly-caffeinated beverages like coffee.
4. Positive thinking- The positive thinking that usually comes with enthusiasm is an important part of effective stress management. Proper stress management is linked with many health benefits.
5. Daily Exercise– Regular exercise may help in lessening depression and anxiety by releasing feel-good hormones, endorphins. Exercise can also help in releasing endogenous cannabinoids and other natural brain chemicals that can enhance your sense of well-being.
6. Making a list – Try to jot down in a journal the things that are bothering you. When you read them, you will realise that these things are quite trivial or don’t matter. This will also boost your self-confidence to deal with these problems in a more efficient manner.
7. Counselling- If you are not able to recover from anxiety even after inculcating these lifestyle changes, you can take the help of a certified mental health professional. A mental health professional can help you in guiding through these problems in a proper manner.