Before entering a public space, individuals must assess/screen daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease using this Screening Questionnaire.
Table of Contents
Should you enter a public space today?
1. You have one of the following COVID-19 symptoms
Stay at Home.
Use the online COVID-19 self-assessment tool, contact 1-833-951-3859, or contact your primary care provider.
- Fever (including chills or sweats)
- Cough (new or worsening)
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing (not related to a known cause/condition)
- Unusual headache
- Unusual fatigue or lack of energy
- New onset of muscle aches
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting or diarrhea (more than 24 hours)
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Runny, stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes/conditions such as being outside in cold weather)
2. You have been advised to self-isolate for any reason (e.g. close contact, travel, Public Health advice, public advisories)
Stay at Home.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if I have a positive test result?
If you get tested for COVID-19 and the test result is positive, you should stay home and follow the guidance for positive cases.
2. What if I have a negative test result?
If your COVID-19 test is negative, you can enter public spaces if:
- you are not required to self-isolate for any reason;
- you do not have a fever;
- your symptoms improved in the last 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication; AND
- you feel well enough.
3. The Self-Assessment and Testing Referral did not recommend that I get tested for COVID-19, what do I do?
If you have questions about what you should do, visit the online Self-Isolation Assessment Tool for instructions and advice.
4. Will I need to be tested again?
If you test negative, you do not need re-testing unless you develop new symptoms, or your symptoms get worse. If you get new symptoms or your symptoms get worse, complete the online COVID-19 Self-assessment and Referral Tool again.
5. What if someone in my house is self-isolating?
Use our online Self-Isolation Assessment Tool for instructions and advice.
6. Where can I find the online COVID-19 Self-assessment and Referral Tool?
The online COVID-19 Self-assessment and Referral tool can be found at: covidassessment.nlchi.nl.ca/. If you cannot access the tool, please contact 1-833-951-3859.