Abnormal temperatures are a breeding ground for conditions such as the flu and pneumonia.
warning sign. You have to pay attention to high fever or chest pain.
When it was reported that temperatures would be abnormal this winter, doctors and climatologists warned that the weather would be a problem for people with allergies. But that’s not all: This time of year also experiences a significant increase in respiratory conditions such as pneumonia, bronchiolitis, and influenza. It is that with a warmer climate, viruses and bacteria find better conditions to spread; Also, people spend more time indoors and less ventilation. However, there are ways to prevent them with proper hygiene, a complete vaccination schedule, and proper nutrition.
According to data from Argentina’s Ministry of Health, so far there have been about 531,600 cases of ILI (Influenza-type illness), 89,000 cases of pneumonia, 117,800 cases of bronchiolitis in children under the age of two, and 10,000 cases of hospitalized acute respiratory infections. have come to the fore. (SARI). Apart from this, 43 people suffering from influenza have died so far this year. “We can see that the most common diseases at this time of the year are pneumonia with 40% of positive cases, bronchiolitis 30% and influenza, 20%. These diseases not only represent a health risk, but can also affect young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems or those with pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and immunosuppression,” he explained. leandro chrysostom In a statement to the organization, a clinical doctor from Boreal Salud. “It is important to be aware of warning signs that may indicate an illness more serious than the flu or common cold. If persistent symptoms such as high fever that does not subside, shortness of breath, chest pain, parallel family-to-family transmission, or persistent worsening of general condition are experienced, seek immediate medical attention. These signs may indicate complications that require prompt evaluation and treatment. Added.
To reduce your chances of suffering from these conditions, experts disseminate the following advice:
• Flu Vaccination: Visiting a health professional and getting the flu vaccine is an important strategy to protect yourself and reduce the spread of the virus.
• Cleanliness and Hygiene: Wash hands with soap and water, use hand sanitizer, and keep shared areas clean.
• Balanced Diet: Eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals will strengthen the immune system for greater resistance to disease.
• Adequate ventilation: Keep places properly ventilated and avoid sudden temperature changes when entering a hot environment.
• Primary Health Care: For the treatment of any disease it is necessary to visit the doctor frequently and get the correct diagnosis, methods of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation.