New Delhi Changes in the weather are being seen continuously in the country’s capital Delhi. In the midst of the changing season, virus infection and respiratory diseases are also increasing continuously in people. A rapid increase can be seen in the patients of viral infection, which has once again put Delhi in trouble. Every year a new variant of influenza virus infects people in Delhi. Experts say that this year also in January a form of influenza has knocked in Delhi. The name of this virus is being told as H3N2 influenza.
Doctors say that H3N2 influenza virus is a type of flu. There are mainly 4 types of influenza virus – A, B, C and D. H3N2 is a sub-variant type of influenza virus type A. This virus can infect every breathing animal from birds to animals.
What are the symptoms of H3N2 virus
Experts believe that this virus can infect people above 60 years of age and children below 5 years of age. Along with this, it affects the seriously ill, people who smoke, diabetes, respiratory patients more. H3N2 virus can prove to be very dangerous for such people. This virus directly attacks the nose, throat, lungs.
Common symptoms of H3N2 virus infection are cold, cough, runny nose, body ache, fever, sore throat and prolonged cough. Experts believe that people infected with this cough persists for a long time. Along with this, problems like shortness of breath, cold and cough also persist.
how to defend
- Health experts say that people should get RTPCR test done immediately as soon as symptoms of H3N2 influenza virus appear.
- Good quality masks should be used.
- Hands should be washed thoroughly with soap from time to time.
- One should avoid coming in contact with infected people.
- Instead of getting panic, preventive measures should be taken.
- Take special care of people who have low immunity or are seriously ill.
- If infected, seek medical advice immediately.