Healthy skin is a reflection of overall wellness and your best accessory. But, stress is par for the course in our modern-day lives and affects our physical and mental well-being, and it has an impact on our skin.
Your body releases a hormone called cortisol, when you are stressed, which triggers inflammation and accelerates the ageing process of our skin. The result: A range of skin issues such as acne, wrinkles, dullness and conditions like psoriasis and eczema, according to Clere skincare.
What can we do to combat stress on our skin and look and feel your best?
- Practice relaxation techniques like meditation and yoga that include deep breathing
- Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep increase stress and leaves our skin looking tired and dull
- Exercise is a natural stress reliever and promotes blood flow which improves the appearance of our skin
- Eat a healthy diet rich in fruit, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins which help reduce inflammation
- A good skincare routine can help combat the effects of stress on our skin. Use a gentle cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen daily to protect and nourish your skin.
- Seek professional help if you have a skin condition that stress aggravates
For more tips that will have you feeling and looking your best, visit Get It Magazine.