If you are a teacher, who is facing challenges in guiding your postpartum students, then this is for you. There are many yoga teachers, who have been practicing for a good 3-4 years. However, they do not seem to be very confident about managing physical limitations for their students. If you are also stuck, then the 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh, is for you.
When you enroll for a life-changing and certified course at Vinyasa Yoga Academy, you are headed for success. After you complete the course, you can help your students, who have just been through a normal or a caesarean delivery.
Let us find out the entire routine and things that you should follow as a teacher.
Table of Contents
Guide to Postpartum Yoga
- When you enroll for a Yoga Alliance certified course, then you are headed towards knowledge pertaining to the body. You can get better knowledge about the body, by pursuing such a well-coordinated course as the 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh.
- Breathing comes next. When you understand what breath is about, you can easily guide your students to follow their breath patterns. Breathing can relax the body and also give instant relief from any sort of nervousness and the feeling of pain. It basically diverts your attention from things you are not supposed to think about.
- Posture perfection is another target that you need to achieve as a teacher. The same goes for your postpartum students. The back and shoulders are in need of maximum support, after a delivery. The reason is, that you will be cuddling the baby, and pushing strollers as well.
- You will also be responsible for providing moral support to your students, in the class.
Things You Need In A Post-partum Classroom
When you prepare to become a teacher, or you already are, then you must pay attention to these aspects. Just having enough knowledge about yoga does not suffice. As a professional, you must learn how to equip the class, or more specifically your students with the right equipment and assistance. You will learn about the same in great detail, in the 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh.
- The yoga mat is the first thing that you need in the class. It will create a barrier between the floor, and you. Moreover, you will be preventing any sort of accident, due to slippage.
- Blankets are great props, at least for the beginners. Rubbery ones work extremely well. Woollen blankets are also quite good.
- Blocks are a necessity inside the yoga class. If you have many novices inside the class, you need to give them some support, with the help of blocks. They help to bridge the gap between the hands and the feet.
- Straps are also quite important for you, if you have stiff joints, and are unable to do backbends specially. They also help in stretching the body to its fullest capacity and also assists in bridging gaps like the blocks.
Yoga Poses That You Can Suggest
In the 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh, you will also learn about yoga poses and breathing techniques, which you can suggest to the students who just delivered.
- Shalabhasana or Locust pose – This is one of the best poses that you can suggest, as it tends to make the belly muscles stronger. The incumbent is supposed to lie flat on the belly, with both the hands by the side, with palms facing downward. Keep the spine elongated and squeeze your buttocks. Lift the head, shoulders and legs off the mat. The neck and spine should be in a line. As you tend to loft your legs upwards, you must contract the abdomen. Hold the pose for 5 breath counts, and release. This pose also strengthens the back muscles, and opens the chest and shoulders.
- Chaturanga Dandasana or Plank pose – This is yet another pose for you, if you are aiding a post-partum. It is also a part if the Surya Namaskar. In this pose, you have to support the entire weight of the body on your wrists, palms, and toes. The body is in a straight line with the floor. You need to contract the abdominal muscles to be able to hold the straight parallel pose. If you want to strengthen the abdominal area, holding the pose for a good 60 seconds is important.
- Breathing is an important aspect of postpartum recovery. So, you should engage in the same. The 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh teaches Diaphragmatic breathing, which is a very important modality. The diaphragm is one of the muscles which is located just below the lung chamber. You have to make your student sit, with hands on the chest and belly. Feel the diaphragm muscle move up and down, while you breath. When you inhale, the diaphragm goes down as the lungs fill with air. When you exhale, the lungs let out the air and the diaphragm goes up. When you engage in this sort of breathing, you engage the entire core area. The transverse abdominal muscles and the pelvic floor also get adequate compression and expansion. This helps new mothers build up the core, so that they can go about their normal lives sooner.
The 200 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh is one of the best training that you can go for, to aid you in a multi-faceted teaching journey.