- High blood pressure or hypertension refers to a state wherein blood crashes against the artery walls at an abnormally high pace that could cause too much damage in the long run if left untreated.
- Unfortunately, hypertension is a state that gets worse silently thereby raising the risk of heart attack, stroke, arterial damage, and other chronic conditions.
- There could be some subtle symptoms that may appear from top to toe hinting at high blood pressure levels.
- Early morning
headaches: Sometimes these could be triggered by lack of sleep. However, if you are suffering from early morning headaches way too often, it could be a sign of high blood pressure.
- Nosebleeds: Hypertension, known as a silent killer for the absence of symptoms, could also result in nosebleeds. If you are facing these way too often for no reason, it could be a sign that you need to check blood pressure levels checked.
- Shortness of breath: Difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath could also silently hint at hypertension. In extreme cases, it could also contribute to chest pain.
- Irregular heartbeat:
Arrhythmiaor irregular heartbeats can also occur in hypertension patients. This happens due to uncontrolled pressure at which blood crashes against artery walls.
- Blood in the urine: One of the most extreme symptoms of hypertension is seeing traces of blood in the urine. This could also be a symptom of cancer. Therefore, if you notice dark-red coloured or pink-hued blood, get it checked by a doctor as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.