1. Bardsley M. et al. Epidemiology of respiratory syncytial virus in children younger than 5 years in England during the COVID-19 pandemic, measured by laboratory, clinical, and syndromic surveillance: a retrospective observational study. Lancet Infect Dis 2023; 23: 56–66. doi:10.1016.
2. Groves E. et al. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, and other seasonal respiratory virus circulation in Canada: A population-based study. Lancet Reg Health Am. 2021 Sep;1:100015. doi: 10.1016/j.lana.2021.100015
3. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Intensified circulation of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and associated hospital burden in the EU/EEA. Available at: www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/intensified-circulation-respiratory-syncytial-virus-rsv-and-associated-hospital. Accessed: April 2023.
4. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Communicable Disease Threats Report: Week 48. Available from: www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/communicable-disease-threats-report-27-november-3-december-2022-week-48 Accessed: April 2023
5. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. RSV-NET Interactive Dashboard. Available from: www.cdc.gov/rsv/research/rsv-net/dashboard.html. Accessed April 2023.
6. Telethon Kids Institute. RSV: The Hidden Virus. Available from: www.telethonkids.org.au/our-research/impact/2021/in-the-pipeline/rsv-the-hidden-virus/. Accessed: April 2023.
7. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. RSV in Infants and Young Children. Available from: www.cdc.gov/rsv/high-risk/infants-young-children.html. Accessed: April 2023.
8. Leader S, Kohlhase K. Recent trends in severe respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) among US infants, 1997 to 2000. J Pediatr. 2003;143(5 Suppl): S127-S132. doi:10.1067/s0022-3476(03)00510-9.
9. Arriola CS, Kim L, Langley G, et al. Estimated burden of community-onset respiratory virus–associated hospitalizations among children aged <2 years in the United States, 2014-15. J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2020;9(5):587-595.
10. Hall, C. B. et al. Respiratory syncytial virus-associated hospitalizations among children less than 24 months of age. Pediatrics. 2013 Aug;132(2):e341-8. doi: 10.1542/peds.2013-0303.
11. Gantenberg, J. R. et al. Medically Attended Illness due to Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Among Infants Born in the United States Between 2016 and 2020. The Journal of Infectious Diseases, Volume 226, Issue Supplement_2, 15 August 2022, Pages S164–S174, doi.org/10.1093/infdis/jiac185.
12. Gov.UK. Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV): symptoms, transmission, prevention, treatment. Available from: www.gov.uk/government/publications/respiratory-syncytial-virus-rsv-symptoms-transmission-prevention-treatment/respiratory-syncytial-virus-rsv-symptoms-transmission-prevention-treatment#:~:text=RSV%20infection%20causes%20symptoms%20similar,can%20also%20occur%20in%20children. Accessed: April 2023.
13. Zhou H. et al. Hospitalizations Associated With Influenza and Respiratory Syncytial Virus in the United States, 1993–2008. Clinical Infectious Diseases, Volume 54, Issue 10, 15 May 2012, Pages 1427–1436, doi.org/10.1093/cid/cis211
14. Díez-Gandía E, et al. The impact of childhood RSV infection on children's and parents' quality of life: a prospective multicenter study in Spain. BMC Infect Dis. 2021 Sep 6;21(1):924. doi: 10.1186/s12879-021-06629
15. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV) For Healthcare Providers. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov/rsv/clinical/index.html Accessed: May 2023.