Published July 26, 2023
The valuation of the global inhalation anesthesia market was USD 1.46 billion in 2022, and it is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.04% from 2023 to 2030. The market expansion can be attributed to the increasing number of surgical procedures and the demand for shorter hospital stays. Inhalation anesthesia offers better patient outcomes compared to the intravenous route. Administering anesthetic agents through the respiratory tract enables controlled and effective sedation, which is both cost-effective and safe. The advantages of the inhalation route over the intravenous route are key drivers of market growth. Inhalation anesthesia is particularly beneficial for patients on ventilation for more than 24 hours, as it facilitates easy monitoring of their health. Thus, the superior patient benefits associated with inhalation anesthesia, compared to the intravenous version, are expected to drive revenue growth during the forecast period.
Download Free Sample Report- www.marketdigits.com/request/sample/736
Around 310 million major procedures are carried out annually, with 40–50 million taking place in the United States and 20 million in Europe, according to data from the NCBI. The post-COVID-19 environment has increased the number of elective procedures, which is increasing demand for inhalation anaesthetics. The Centres for Medicare and Medicaid Services encouraged hospitals to reduce, delay, or cancel elective surgeries in 2020 during the COVID-19 epidemic, which led to a 48% drop in surgical procedures in the U.S. For general anaesthesia, inhaled anaesthetics are frequently employed. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) reports that over 60,000 people have surgery while under general anaesthesia. Without general anaesthesia, life-saving procedures like brain surgery, open heart surgery, or organ transplantation would not be possible.
Recent Development in Inhalation Anesthesia Market
Manufacturers have been developing sophisticated anesthesia machines that provide precise control over the concentration of inhaled anesthetics, ensuring patient safety and optimal anesthetic depth during surgical procedures.
- Introduction of Halogenated Inhalation Anesthetics: Halogenated inhalation anesthetics, such as sevoflurane and desflurane, continue to gain popularity in the market due to their favorable pharmacokinetic properties. These anesthetics offer faster induction and emergence from anesthesia, making them particularly suitable for outpatient and ambulatory surgeries.
- Rising Demand for Disposable Anesthetic Breathing Circuits: There has been an increasing demand for disposable anesthetic breathing circuits in the inhalation anesthesia market. Disposable circuits reduce the risk of cross-contamination and infection transmission, making them a preferred choice in modern healthcare settings.
- Growing Adoption of Total Intravenous Anesthesia (TIVA): While inhalation anesthesia remains widely used, there is a growing trend towards Total Intravenous Anesthesia (TIVA). TIVA involves administering anesthetic agents intravenously and is often preferred for specific patient populations or procedures where inhalation agents may not be ideal.
- Expansion of Anesthesia Gas Monitoring Technologies: Manufacturers are continuously working on developing advanced anesthesia gas monitoring technologies. These monitoring systems provide real-time data on inhaled and exhaled anesthetic gas concentrations, helping anesthesiologists maintain precise control over anesthesia levels.
Get a discount on report- www.marketdigits.com/request/discount/736
Major Classifications are as follows:
Drug Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2023 - 2030)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2023 - 2030)
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2023 - 2030)
• Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2023 - 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
o South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
o South Africa
o Saudi Arabia
• Halocarbon Products Corporation
• AbbVie Inc.
• Lunan Pharmaceutical Group
• Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
• Sandoz International GmbH
• Fresenius Kabi AG
Request for enquiry before buying- www.marketdigits.com/request/enquiry-before-buying/736
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
• What are the growth opportunities in the Inhalation Anesthesia Market?
• What are the major raw materials used for manufacturing Inhalation Anesthesia Market?
• What are the key factors affecting market dynamics?
• What are some of the significant challenges and restraints that the industry faces?
• Which are the key players operating in the market, and what initiatives have they undertaken over the past few years
Inhalation Anesthesia Market Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What are the commonly used inhalation anesthetic agents?
- How does inhalation anesthesia work?
- What is the fastest acting inhalational anesthetic?
- Which following inhalation anesthetics are most popular globally?
MarketDigits is one of the leading business research and consulting companies that helps clients to tap new and emerging opportunities and revenue areas, thereby assisting them in operational and strategic decision-making. We at MarketDigits believe that market is a small place and an interface between the supplier and the consumer, thus our focus remains mainly on business research that includes the entire value chain and not only the markets.
We offer services that are most relevant and beneficial to the users, which help businesses to sustain in this competitive market. Our detailed and in-depth analysis of the markets catering to strategic, tactical, and operational data analysis & reporting needs of various industries utilize advanced technology so that our clients get better insights into the markets and identify lucrative opportunities and areas of incremental revenues.