Practice breathing techniques
The way you breathe affects the whole body. Different breathing techniques are used to lower heart rate, reduce pain levels and help to reduce work-related stress and anxiety.
There are various breathing exercises to do to relax. The one you can do anywhere is belly breathing.
- Lie flat or sit in a comfortable position.
- Put your hand on the belly below your ribs and the other hand on your chest.
- After that, take a deep breath through your nose and let your belly push your hand out. Don’t move your chest.
- Breathe out through pursed lips just as if you were whistling. Feel that the hand on your belly goes in and use it to push all the air out.
- You can do this breathing 3 to 10 times. Take your time with each breath.