You don’t need to look a certain way to practise yoga. Regardless of the images that are displayed all over the internet, you don’t need to be a certain shape, size, gender, race or age to do yoga.
Anyone can do yoga – and anyone will benefit from starting a yoga practice!
Did you know that as well as improving your strength, flexibility, balance and overall physical health, yoga can help you overcome anxiety and depression? You may have heard that yoga can make you feel full of vitality, but don’t know where to start. Maybe you’ve done a few classes but feel that you want to understand more. Or maybe you don’t want to spend more time staring at your phone or computer just to practice yoga.
It doesn’t matter if you’re completely brand new, and it doesn’t matter how much you do – a small step is enough. By developing a yoga practice you’ll begin the journey towards completely transforming your life.
In Yoga for Every Body you’ll discover:
- The incredible benefits of yoga practice that have been backed up by scientific research.
- More than 50 illustrated yoga postures with step-by-step instructions to take you from start to finish with accessible variations and simple modifications for any body type.
- Different yoga sequences to practice depending on your mood or energy levels – and how to make your own routines
- How to incorporate different breathing exercises and meditation techniques into your life.
- The roots of the practice and how it has developed into the postures that we do today.
…and much more!