- Advertisement -
Yoga is undoubtedly a beneficial addition to a weight loss program that includes a healthy diet and regular physical activity. While certain yoga poses can help to tone and strengthen the muscles in the abdominal area, they are not specifically designed to target belly fat. If you want to learn and spread the benefits from yogasana, you should join yoga teacher training in India at Ekam Yogshala.
Yoga Against Stress & Indigestion
Yoga can help to reduce stress, which can be a contributing factor to weight gain and can also help to increase flexibility and balance.To effectively reduce belly fat, it is important to maintain a calorie-deficit diet and engage in regular cardiovascular exercise such as running, cycling or swimming.
Additionally, yoga can also improve digestion, which can lead to a reduction in bloating and water retention, making the stomach appear flatter. It’s important to note that there is no specific exercise or diet that can target belly fat. The best way to lose belly fat is through a combination of a healthy diet, regular cardiovascular exercise, and strength training exercises.
It’s always best to check with your healthcare provider before starting any new exercise regimen, especially if you have any health concerns.
Yoga for Belly Fat Reduction
Yoga can be beneficial for reducing belly fat as it combines physical postures with breathing exercises and meditation. The physical postures, or asanas, can help to tone the abdominal muscles and burn calories, while the breathing exercises, or pranayama, can help to improve digestion and reduce stress, which can contribute to weight gain. Additionally, the mindfulness aspect of yoga can help to change negative eating habits and improve overall body awareness. It is important to note that while yoga can be helpful in reducing belly fat, it should be combined with a healthy diet and regular cardio exercise for best results.
Here are 5 yoga poses that may help reduce belly fat:
- Boat Pose (Navasana): This pose helps to strengthen the abs and lower back muscles. To do this, sit on the floor with your knees bent and lift your feet off the floor, balancing on your sit bones.
- Plank Pose (Phalakasana): This pose helps to tone the abs and strengthen the arms, shoulders and back. To do this, start on your hands and knees and then walk your hands forward, straightening your arms and legs, and keeping your back straight.
- Half Pigeon Pose (Ardha Kapotasana): This pose helps to stretch the abs and hips and can also help to relieve stress. To do this, start on your hands and knees and bring one knee forward and extend the other leg back, lowering your hips to the floor.
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana): This pose helps to strengthen the abs and back muscles. To do this, lie on your stomach, reach back and hold your ankles, then lift your head, chest, and legs off the ground.
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): This pose helps to strengthen the abs, back, and glutes. To do this, lie on your back, bend your knees and bring your heels close to your glutes, then press into your heels and lift your hips up towards the sky.
It’s important to note that doing only yoga poses or any exercise alone not just help to reduce belly fat, but it can help to tone and strengthen the muscles. However, it’s important to have a balanced diet and regular physical activity. If you want to get benefitted with yogasana for your weight loss/fat loss goal, you can enrol with Ekam Yogshala’s yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
Devakar Sandhu likes to spread the awareness of yoga among people helping them to live healthy and without tension. He is also Founder of Ekam Yogashala, A Yoga Teacher Training School Based in Rishikesh. EKam Yogashala offers 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training India (Rishikesh, Kerala, Nepal and Dharamsala)
- Advertisement -