Over 50 residents were evacuated from a residential building in Hang Hau after a fire caused by a remote control car battery broke out on Sunday morning, leaving one male resident hospitalized.

Firefighters received a report at around 9am this morning that a blaze broke out in a residential flat on the 13th floor of Yu Ming Court.

More than 50 residents in the building were evacuated as firefighters extinguished the fire mobilizing one breathing apparatus team.

A 50-year-old man who lives in the flat that caught on fire was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Investigators’ preliminary investigation found the fire unsuspicious, which said the fire was triggered by a short-circuit of a remote control car battery inside the flat.

Meanwhile, at 10am, a residential flat at The Beaumount II of Tseung Kwan O was ablaze.

Firefighters used one water jet on the flames and deployed a rescue team equipped with breathing apparatus.

It is suspected that the fire may have been caused by a faulty washing machine.

No one was hurt in the incident.


Source link