Pursed lip breathing
Pursed lip breathing is a simple breathing technique that helps help in making deep breaths slower and more intentional. You can perform this technique by following the steps given below:
- First of all, sit on a chair or on the floor in a comfortable position.
- Then, keep your neck and shoulders relaxed.
- After this, inhale steadily for 2 seconds through nostrils, keeping mouth closed.
- Exhale gently and steadily through the mouth through pursed lips.
- If this process seems too long for you, the you can simply breathe out twice as long as you breathe in.