Composition Bevacizumab (400mg/16ml)
Shipping class Cold
Primary Use Cancer of colon and rectum, Breast cancer, Non-small cell lung cancer
Medicine Overview of Avastin Injection
Avastin 400mg Injection is used in the treatment of cancer of colon and rectum, breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, ovarian cancer, cancer of fallopian tube and kidney cancer. It is also used to treat eye diseases like wet form of age-related macular degeneration and diabetic macular edema.
Headache, Altered taste, Nose bleed, Rectal haemorrhage (bleeding), Rhinitis, Lacrimation disorder, Exfoliative dermatitis, Dry skin, Increased blood pressure, Protein in urine.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Avastin 400mg Injection is a monoclonal antibody. It works in cancer by stopping the formation of blood vessels that bring oxygen and nutrients to cancerous cells. This may slow the growth and spread of cancer. It works in eye diseases by stopping abnormal blood vessel growth and leakage in the eye(s), thereby preventing from vision loss.
In Depth Information on Avastin Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have any bowel disorder (diverticulitis, stomach ulcers, colitis associated with chemotherapy), or have had major surgery including dental surgery within the last 28 days or have an unhealed wound following surgery.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, previous blood clots in arteries, bleeding problems, are taking medicines to thin the blood or other anticancer drugs, had radiotherapy, heart disease or metastatic cancer affecting brain.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice bleeding from any part of your body, including nose-bleeds, coughing or spitting blood during the treatment.
- Bevacizumab may decrease the ability of your body to fight infections by decreasing the number of neutrophils (a type of white blood cell).
- Take necessary precautions if you have previously experienced problems after injections, such as dizziness/feeling of fainting, breathlessness, swelling or skin rash, headache, vision changes, confusion or seizure with or without high blood pressure.
- Inform your dentist or physician if you have or have had pain in the mouth, teeth and/or jaw, swelling or sores inside the mouth, numbness or a feeling of heaviness in the jaw, or loosening of a tooth.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as use of bevacizumab may cause sleepiness and fainting.
Avastin Injection related warnings
Special precautions for Avastin Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Avastin 400mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Avastin 400mg Injection is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Sleepiness and fainting have been reported with Avastin 400mg Injection and this may impair your ability to drive.
Avastin 400mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Avastin 400mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Avastin 400mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Avastin 400mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Avastin Injection?
If you miss a dose of Avastin 400mg Injection, please consult your doctor.