There have been 1,354,967 total COVID cases, including 22,223 deaths in the state since the pandemic began.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported testing 65,930 specimens for a total of 23,347,731 since the pandemic began.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 2 to May 8, is 3.4%.
As of Saturday night, 1,870 patients in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 452 patients were in the ICU and 232 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
A total of 9,908,489 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of Saturday night. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 73,622 doses. There were 80,843 doses reported administered in Illinois Saturday.
The deaths reported Sunday include:
- Cook County: 2 males 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 2 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 2 males 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 90s
- Fulton County: 1 male 80s
- Grundy County: 1 male 60s
- Kane County: 1 female 80s
- Kendall County: 1 male 60s
- Knox County: 1 male 60s
- Lake County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- LaSalle County: 2 females 70s
- Livingston County: 1 male 80s
- McDonough County: 1 male 50s
- Rock Island County: 1 male 40s
- Saline County: 1 female 70s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s
- Vermilion County: 1 male 70s
- Will County: 1 female 60s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 60s
Copyright © 2021 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.