Events during Suicide Prevention Awareness Week
Our partners will be out and about across Angus this week in preparation for World Suicide Prevention Day on Saturday 10th September. If you, or someone you know, has been affected by suicide it may help to stop by at one of the events.
- Monday 5 September, 12pm - 1.30pm. ‘Bite n Blether’ Arbroath
- Tuesday 6 September, morning. Co-op, Carnoustie
- Wednesday 7 September, morning. Montrose
- Thursday 8 September, morning. Asda, Forfar
- Tuesday 6 September, 1pm – 3pm. Carnoustie Hub
WoW bus - SAMH
Sam’s Wellbeing on Wheels (WoW) mental health and wellbeing drop in. No appointment or referral required, hop on board the WoW bus for support with mental health peer workers who offer understanding from their own lived experiences of mental health issues and a recovery journey. Alongside drop-in support the awesome peer workers at WoW have an exhibition of written articles based on … journeys.
At WoW we understand people face suicidal thoughts. We can support people through suicidal thoughts and safe plan for recovery. You will be met with understanding, compassion and a cup of tea. We have walked the journey and can understand, we are here for you. (16 years plus project and no longer in school education)
Tuesday 6 September
- 9.30am-12.30pm – Brechin Co-op Car Park, Trinity Road Brechin, DD9 6BL
- 1.30pm-4.30pm – Arbroath Bus Station, Catherine Street, Arbroath DD11 1RL
Thursday 8 September
- 9.30am-2.30pm – Forfar Community Campus, Kirriemuir Road, Forfar, DD8 3TG
Tuesday 13 September
- 1.30pm-4.30pm – Dundee & Angus College, Keptie Road Arbroath, Outside Esk Building, DD11 1RF
- 1.30pm-4.30pm – Arbroath Bus Station
Sam’s WoW Pitstops Angus
WoW Pitstops are based in buildings rather than on the WoW bus, however it is the same team of peer workers.
Thursday 8 September
- 10am-12noon – Carnoustie Co-op, Community Room (ask at customer services) 3 High Street, Carnoustie DD7 6AN
- 3.00pm-5.00pm – Kirriemuir Guide Hall, 43 The Roods Kirriemuir, DD8 4HN
Local support available
- Emergencies – 999
- Samaritans – 116 123
- Breathing Space – 0800 83 85 87
- The Angus Suicide Prevention and Support Service, Penumbra – 0800 1357899
- The Angus Adult Bereaved by Suicide Service, Insight Counselling – 01382 305706
There is a range of supports available locally here in Angus if you are someone who might be thinking of suicide, or you are concerned about someone. Watch this video to find out more.