Legionella, the bacteria that causes Legionnaires’ disease, can be harmless or become a major health problem. It usually contracts breathing water vapor bacteria that can be found nature natural In lakes, rivers, ponds…; Normally, it does not cause any health problems in this environment, but it can harm human health when it enters Construction of water systems. This disease is usually caused by s. affects people whocompromised immune systemChronic diseases that affect the lungs, smokers, or people who are middle-aged or older.
After Legionella has grown and multiplied in a building’s water system, Legionella can spread in water containing drops so small that people to overtake. with centralized hot water community hot water storage tank And distribution to homes can be a source of infection and from there colonization of house showers. Community facilities can be at high risk and require proper maintenance. Therefore, it is important Establish control and prevention measures. We indicate the protocol that is followed.
If the building has reservoirs, cisterns or reserve tanks for cold water for human consumption or if it has a centralized water system, it is recommended to install one maintenance schedule Which includes at least:
- disinfect frequentlyLegionella: When the level of disinfectant in your building’s water systems decrease, Legionella can multiply.
- grab andl water outside its growth rangeO (20 °C – 45 °C)
- weekly purge those taps with little use, Let the water run for about 5 minutes.
- At least once a year is recommended Remove diffuser and/or filter And disinfect them by immersing them in diluted bleach, for example.
- Stop Pausing: When water doesn’t drain well, the resulting stagnant zones encourage the growth of biofilms that reduce temperatures and sanitizer levels
- Monitor external factors: Changes in construction, water mains, and municipal water quality are important factors to consider.
- Tank cleaning and annual treatment of a deterrent nature.
- it is recommendedTo avoid using filters and accessories Unnecessary in the shower and faucet, if they are present, they should be extremely clean.
- In air conditioning systemIt is recommended that you clean condensate collection trays once a year and disinfect them with diluted bleach.