Now pay only for what you want!
The Maharashtra state government has reported new sub-variants of Omicron â BQ.1 (US variant), BA.2.3.20 apart from XBB, which is a recombinant of BA.2.75 and BJ.1. These new variants have a growth advantage over other variants of Omicron like BA.2.75 and immune evasive properties.
In view of the upcoming festive season, Executive Health Officer, has advised following precautionary measures for preventing surge in Covid -19 cases.
- It is important to adhere to Covid Appropriate Behavior during festival season.
- If you haven*t been vaccinated yet, now is a good time. And if your immune system is compromised or at risk, boosters can help boost your immunity to the virus.
- Maintain good ventilation indoors, as virus spread is aided in closed rooms.
- Avoid close contact with symptomatic patients
- Frequent hand washing.
- Use handkerchief/tissue paper to cover nose and mouth while sneezing and coughing.
- Wearing masks is crucial in crowded places for prevention of spread of infection.
- It*s important to get tested as soon as you start to have symptoms. While waiting for the results, try to isolate yourself from others so that you can break the chain of infection.
- The importance of early detection is also related to the effectiveness of the treatment taken. Therefore, the sooner you know you are sick, the easier it will be to determine when you need treatment or hospitalization.
Following patients should seek immediate medical advice
- If patients having difficulty in breathing
- Immunocompromised patients and who have recently visited countries in which Corona virus infection is prevalent.