Table of Contents
We Can Help You Manage Spasticity
Our spasticity rehabilitation team can treat spasticity and its symptoms, including tightness, stiffness, pain and spasms resulting in uncontrolled movements. We help patients manage their condition and improve their ability to complete everyday activities such as dressing, bathing, eating and walking.
When to Seek Spasticity Rehabilitation
We care for patients with spasticity related to these conditions:
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
Treatment Options for Spasticity Rehabilitation
We offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient services designed to help patients maintain independence and improve quality of life. Our services include:
- Exercise and stretching programs: We create daily stretching and home exercise programs tailored to each patient’s unique symptoms.
- Injections: We offer injections of Botox and other medications, as well as nerve blocks.
- Medications: Our team can prescribe oral medications that can help relieve or improve symptoms.
- Neurosurgical procedures: We collaborate with neurosurgeons to connect patients with treatments such as intrathecal baclofen pump therapy, which delivers medication into the spinal fluid.
- Orthopedic procedures: Our team will refer patients who may be candidates for tendon lengthening procedures to orthopedic surgeons for additional care.
- Physical and occupational therapy: Our therapists help patients achieve the maximum level of function and independence through stretching, strengthening, functional training and use of splints and braces.
- Splints and braces: Splints and braces can help improve range of motion, achieve optimal positioning of the limbs and reduce spasticity to improve performance of daily activities and manage symptoms.