With spring in full swing, daffodils are well and truly in bloom.

The Tiptree Veterinary Centre has reminded dog owners of the risks associated with the flowers if ingested by dogs.

The vets highlighted some common symptoms which may arise from a dog coming into contact with the plant.

Gazette: Clinic: Tiptree Veterinary Centre in Maypole RoadClinic: Tiptree Veterinary Centre in Maypole Road (Image: Google)

A spokesman for Tiptree Veterinary Centre said: “????????????????'???? ???? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????? ???????????????????????????????????? ???????????? ????????????????????.

“Spring has arrived and everywhere is blooming with gorgeous daffodils and some of you may have been gifted a bunch over Easter.

“The flower and the bulb are both toxic if ingested and even the water they are sitting in is toxic. They contain Lycorine, an alkaloid which has strong emetic properties.

“Common signs to watch for are drooling, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, increased heart rate, abdominal pain, abnormal breathing and cardiac arrhythmias.

“Please keep them out of reach, monitor your dogs on walks and supervise your dogs in the garden, if you are lucky enough to have these beautiful flowers growing.”

Source link