OCEAN COUNTY – RWJBarnabas Health is now offering a third COVID-19 dose for those who are immunocompromised.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended that people whose immune systems are moderately to severely compromised should receive a third dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) after the initial two doses.
This third dose is recommended 28 days after the second dose and is not for people who have received the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine.
To see if you qualify for this, check the following criteria:
- • You are moderately or severely immunocompromised
- • You have completed the two-dose series of mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (either Pfizer or Moderna, NOT Johnson & Johnson/Janssen)
- • You have NOT received COVID-19 monoclonal antibody therapy (Bamlanivimab, Casiriivimab-imdevimab or Bamlanivimab/Etesevimab) or passive antibody treatment (convalescent plasma) in that last 90 days
- • You have NOT received a COVID-19 vaccine as part of a clinical trial
- • You are NOT allergic to any ingredient of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.
Those who meet all the above criteria and are interested in receiving the third dose of the vaccine, please visit rwjbh.org/covid19vaccine to schedule an appointment. Vaccine clinics are available at all RWJBarnabas Health hospitals except for RWJUH-Somerset. The vaccination Mega-Site in Edison is now closed.
If you are immunocompromised and unsure about receiving the third dose, please talk to your healthcare provider about your medical condition and whether getting the additional dose is appropriate for you.
Those who qualify can make an appointment to receive a third dose at any of the RWJBarnabas Health vaccine clinics by visiting: rwjbh.org/covid19vaccine.