Table of Contents
The University of Minnesota has announced that masks are no longer required indoors on campus if you are fully vaccinated. This policy applies to all Recreation and Wellness facilities.
According to CDC guidance, please continue wearing approved face coverings if you are:
- Not fully vaccinated
- Not comfortable going maskless indoors
Keeping our campus safe continues to be a community effort, and we appreciate your willingness to wear a mask indoors and while exercising if you are not fully vaccinated. Some people who are fully vaccinated may choose to continue wearing a mask indoors, so please respect each other's choices and be kind to all as we move into this new phase of COVID-19 in our community.
Continue to check for symptoms of COVID-19 before entering using the posted health screening signs; if you are experiencing symptoms do not enter, go home, and contact your doctor.
Cleaning and Safety Precautions:
- Fitness equipment will be wiped down at regular intervals by staff and cleaning wipes are available for members to use.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will remain in the facilities.
- HVAC continues to run 24/7 to provide additional ventilation.
- Contactless entry using the RecWell app is encouraged. Note: Scanning at the exits is no longer required as capacity limits have been lifted.
Open Recreation (effective May 28):
- Regular play is allowed and reservations are no longer required for all sports including, but not limited to, basketball, volleyball, racquetball, squash, and more.
- Equipment is available for rent at the Equipment Rooms.
- The Climbing Gym no longer requires reservations and has lifted limits on the number of participants in the space.
Lap Swim (effective June 7):
- Advanced registration will no longer be required.
- Bins for personal items at the end of lanes will no longer be available.
Fitness Machines and Equipment (Starting June 1 and continuing through the summer):
- Exercise machines are being relocated to efficiently utilize space and provide convenient workouts for members.
- Functional equipment, such as resistance bands and yoga mats ,no longer require check-out and are available throughout the fitness centers.
- Stretching mats will return to locations throughout the facilities.
Returning Amenities (effective June 1):
- Drinking fountains and water bottle filling stations are open.
- Towel service is available at the locker rooms.
- Day lockers are available for rent.
- Sponsored Day Passes/Guest passes are available for purchase.
- Saunas, steam rooms, and bodpod assessments remain unavailable until further notice.
- Massage therapy is currently unavailable but plans to relaunch later in Summer 2021.
- Family Day passes remain on hold until further notice.