The global anti-asthma drugs market is anticipated to grow at a significant CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period (2022-2028).
Asthma is a chronic pulmonary illness. It irritates and constricts our airways, making breathing difficult. Anti Asthma drugs are used to treat breathing problems, among others. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as asthma, allergies, and respiratory disorders with the rising environmental pollution is a key factor driving the market growth. Consumers are now getting aware for timely diagnosis and appropriate treatment of asthma which is anther factor driving market growth.
(Get 15% Discount on Buying this Report)
A full report of Global Anti Asthma Drugs Market is available at: orionmarketreports.com/anti-asthma-drugs-market/94814/
According to the World Health Organization, more than 461000 people died from asthma in 2020. To enable alleviate the global burden, the government and commercial healthcare organizations have expanded their investments in the development of new asthma treatments. For instance-
• In December 2021, AstraZeneca plc in collaboration with Amgen Inc. has developed Tezepelumab, the first biologic to show statistically significant improvements in every key secondary endpoint compared to placebo in a Phase III trial, including lung function measurements and asthma control, was the first biologic to achieve consistent and significant reductions in the negative effects of severe asthma.
• In September 2021, Avillion LLP, a drug development company focused on the co-development and financing of pharmaceutical candidates, announced positive high-level results from the MANDALA and DENALI Phase III trials of PT027 (albuterol/budesonide) at both 180/160mcg and 180/80mcg doses, meeting all primary endpoints with significant benefits in asthma patients compared to individual components albuterol.
• In October 2020, Sanofi revealed that their Phase 3 trial had received an encouraging response. Dupixent (dupilumab), according to the manufacturer, reduced severe asthma attacks in children and is the only biologic to show improvement in children's lung function in a randomized Phase 3 trial.
• In September 2020, GlaxoSmithKline and Innoviva, Inc., has received approval from the USFDA for Trelegy Ellipta to treat asthma patients aged 18 and above. Trelegy Ellipta is a single inhaler that contains fluticasone furoate, umeclidinium, and vilanterol (FF / UMEC / VI). Umeclidinium is a long-acting muscarinic antagonist, and vilanterol is a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist. Fluticasone furoate is an inhaled corticosteroid.
• In April 2020, Cipla Ltd. announced that a Phase 3 clinical end-point trial for fluticasone propionate and salmeterol inhalation powder (100/50 mcg) was completed successfully. The generic forms of GSK's Advair Diskus include fluticasone propionate and salmeterol inhalation powder 100/50 mcg, 250/50 mcg, and 500/50 mcg.
• In September 2019, Novartis has announced that the phase III IRIDIUM study of the inhaled combination QVM149 in individuals with uncontrolled asthma has yielded good findings. This asthma treatment drug candidate allows patients to better regulate their asthma symptoms, resulting in a higher improvement in lung function.
• The market number available for - 2021-2028
• Base year- 2021
• Forecast period- 2022-2028
• Segment Covered-
o By Type
o By Application
• Regions Covered-
o North America
o Rest of the World
• Competitive Landscape- Ception Therapeutics, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Novartis International AG, Sanofi SA, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and others.
Key questions addressed by the report
• What is the market growth rate?
• Which segment and region dominate the market in the base year?
• Which segment and region will project the fastest growth in the market?
• How has COVID-19 impacted the market?
o Deviation from the pre-COVID-19 forecast
o Most affected region and segment
• Who is the leader in the market?
• How players are addressing challenges to sustain growth?
• Where is the investment opportunity?
Global Anti-Asthma Drugs Market Report by Segment
• Long-term Control Medications
• Quick-relief Medications (Rescue Medications)
• Medications for Allergy-induced Asthma
• Hospital Pharmacy
• Retail Pharmacy
• Online Pharmacy
Company Name: Orion Market Reports
Contact Person: Mr. Anurag Tiwari
Email: [email protected]
Contact no: +91 780-304-0404
Orion Market Reports (OMR) endeavors to provide an exclusive blend of qualitative and quantitative market research reports to clients across the globe. Our organization helps both multinational and domestic enterprises to bolster their business by providing in-depth market insights and the most reliable future market trends. Our reports address all the major aspects of the markets providing insights and market outlook to global clients.
This release was published on openPR.