I've setup a master / slave
Postgresql (13.4) group, 1 master and 1 slave, using WAL warm standby.
The slave gone out of sync, and can't recover due to WAL not exists anymore on master, refer another question for details: Postgresql - recover slave after out of sync with master using WAL
Now, I'am re-doing the slave. There are 3.7T data on master, and it's increasing pretty quickly, roughly 30Gb per day ?
To avoid slave go out of sync again, I'm trying to increase the WAL retention.
Here is what I plan to do:
max_wal_size = 20Gb
min_wal_size = 10GB
- A-1. Are the above param values proper?
- A-2. Does increasing these param has a bad side effect ?
- A-3. I only need to apply these 2 params to master, right?
- B. Is there more parameter that I should config?
- C. Any better way to avoid slave out of sync ?