Embedded in the Boston Children’s Hospital / Harvard Medical School research community, the Sr. Bioinformatics
Scientist will collaborate with pediatric researchers on a variety of projects ranging from translational and clinical research
to basic science studies. Members of our community have varying levels of bioinformatics expertise and work on diverse
disease areas including rare pediatric diseases. The position will support research with advanced and novel analytical
workflows to facilitate discovery and scholarly publications. The ideal candidate should have enthusiasm for developing
collaborative relationships and a desire to foster the use of bioinformatics data in research studies.
- Knowledge and experience in diverse bioinformatics analyses such as single cell RNA-seq, bulk RNA-seq, WGS, proteomics, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, an ability to translate complex and domain-specific information for nonspecialists and the ability to empathize with the needs of nontraditional users
- Desire to work and problem solve in a team environment, where staff frequently depend on one another
- Passion for new technologies and science
In order to qualify you must have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, bioInformatics or related, with a minimum of six years of work experience which might include graduate projects, Ph.D. preferred
- Strong background and experience with bioinformatics data
- Strong publication record Knowledge and experience in the use of open source
bioinformatics software and pipelines
- Proficiency with Python and R required; experience with SQL, Git, scientific workflow tools, HPC and/or cloud computing would be a bonus.