PostDoc opportunity to work with Fritz J Sedlazeck scholar.google.com/citations?user=KNZTJ40AAAAJ&hl=en
Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Division: Human Genome Sequencing Center.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
Work Location: Baylor Main Campus, Houston, TX.
Salary Range: up to $53,000.
FLSA Status: Exempt.
Requisition ID: 4767.
This position requires a trained bioinformatician, preferably with experience in programming and method development, genomics and next generation sequencing. The proposed focuses on enhancing our understanding of Metagenomics in the context of multiple species and diploid genome. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other projects at the Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC) that drive novel discovery in areas of human health and precision medicine in both Metagenomics and complex diseases.
• Performs in-depth sequence analyses on large genomic datasets.
• Applies existing/ develop novel bioinformatics software to both well- defined and novel genome analysis problems.
• Researches assesses and customizes third-party bioinformatics software.
Education: A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related fields with a dissertation related to Computational Biology.
MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Published at least two first-author papers in English and demonstrated written communication skills in English.
- Next-Gen Sequencing tools (SAMtools, BWA, bedtools, etc.).
- Experience in computational method NGS development (Python/Perl/C++).
- Experience in working with UNIX & Cluster environments (SGE/Slurm).