Junior Omics Scientist
Full time - Permanent position (CDI)
Pharnext (www.pharnext.com) is an advanced clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics for orphan and common neurodegenerative diseases that currently lack curative and/or disease-modifying treatments. Pharnext has two lead products in clinical development. PXT3003 completed an international Phase 3 trial with positive results for the treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A and was given orphan drug status in Europe and the United States. PXT864 has generated encouraging Phase 2 results in Alzheimer's disease. Pharnext has developed a new drug discovery paradigm based on big genomic data and artificial intelligence: PLEOTHERAPY™. Pharnext identifies and develops synergic combinations of drugs called PLEODRUG™. The Company was founded by renowned scientists and entrepreneurs, including Professor Daniel Cohen, a pioneer in genomics, and is supported by a world-class scientific team. Our offices are located in the heart of Paris, with state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
The Pharnext Omics Team within the Data Science Department is looking for a highly motivated junior research scientist with a Ph.D. in computational genomics/omics to join our efforts in drug discovery using big data and artificial intelligence.
We strongly encourage young Ph.D. graduates from around the world, without additional research experience, to apply for this role. This is an opportunity to shape state-of-the-art research and transform patients' lives with your ideas while discovering the pharmaceutical industry and its R&D.
• Perform research in human computational genomics applied to drug discovery,
• Lead computational biology analyses, implement new methods and contribute to the design of experiments,
• Collaborate with other teams within the data science department and with other departments within the organization,
• Draft research manuscripts,
• Perform regular scientific literature reviews to share relevant discoveries with the team and translate that into an impact on the team's research.
• Ph.D. in Computational Genomics, Omics or related fields,
• Scientific knowledge and experience with Genetics, Genomics, Omics,
• Strong capacity to independently survey latest research in the field and translate that into impact on your own research,
• Having worked with human data in an applied context is a strong plus but not a requirement. However, being motivated by human omics research applied to drug discovery is essential,
• Knowledge of Unix environments (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS) and bash scripting,
• Strong experience with R and/or Python,
• Good experience with statistical analyses,
• Strong background in overall Biology,
• Fluent in English,
• Knowledge of Git, Docker/Singularity, Nextflow/Snakemake, AWS/GCP/Azure are all strong plus.
You are highly motivated with a strong interdisciplinary profile in biology, statistics, and computational biology. You enjoy working in an interdisciplinary and international environment to contribute to the development of novel therapies against orphan and common diseases, send:
• A full CV with two references,
• A letter detailing your motivation and your interest in innovation (max. 2 pages).
To [email protected]
46 rue Saint-Lazare