The "Gene Therapy Market by Vector Type, Gene Type and Application: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2019-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global gene therapy market was valued at $393.35 million in 2018, and is estimated to reach $6,205.85 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 34.8% from 2019 to 2026.
Gene therapy is a technique that involves the delivery of nucleic acid polymers into a patient's cells as a drug to treat diseases. It fixes a genetic problem at its source. The process involves modifying the protein either to change the genetic expression or to correct a mutation. The emergence of this technology meets the rise in needs for better diagnostics and targeted therapy tools. For instance, genetic engineering can be used to modify physical appearance, metabolism, physical capabilities, and mental abilities such as memory and intelligence. In addition, it is also used for infertility treatment. Gene therapy offers a ray of hope for patients, who either have no treatment options or show no benefits with drugs currently available. The ongoing success has strongly supported upcoming researches and has carved ways for enhancement of gene therapy.
Recently, a new technique has been developed, where new genes are introduced into the body to help fight against cancer cells. Gene therapies are regarded as a potential revolution in the health sciences and pharmaceutical fields. The number of clinical trials investigating gene therapies is on an increase, despite the limited number of products that have successfully reached the market. In addition, benefits of gene therapy over conventional cancer therapies and increase in government support fuel the growth of the gene therapy market.
The gene therapy market is a widely expanding field in the pharmaceutical industry with new opportunities. This has piqued the interests of venture capitalists to explore this market and its commercial potential. Major factors that drive the growth of this market include high demands for DNA vaccines to treat genetic diseases, targeted drug delivery, and high incidence of genetic disorders. However, the stringent regulatory approval process for gene therapy and the high costs of gene therapy drugs are expected to hinder the growth of the market. On the contrary, increase in the pipeline developments for gene therapy market are expected to provide lucrative opportunity during the forecast period.
Key MARKET BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report offers a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends from 2018 to 2026 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The market estimations provided in this report are based on comprehensive analysis of the key developments in the industry.
- In-depth analysis based on geography facilitates in analyzing the regional market to assist in strategic business planning.
- The development strategies adopted by key manufacturers are enlisted in the report to understand the competitive scenario of the market.
Key Findings of the Gene Therapy Market:
- Non-viral vectors segment is projected to grow at the highest rate with the CAGR of 34.6% during the analysis period.
- Oncological disorders segment generated the highest revenue, and is expected to continue its dominance in future in the global gene therapy market.
- Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the fasted CAGR during the forecast period.
- China is expected to grow highest in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
- Tumor suppressor is the expected to grow fastest during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Key Benefits
1.3. Key Market Segments
1.4. Research Methodology
Chapter 2: Executive Summary
2.1. CXO Perspective
Chapter 3: Market Overview
3.1. Market Definition And Scope
3.2. Key Findings
3.3. Top Player Positioning, 2018
3.4. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.5. Market Dynamics
Chapter 4: Gene Therapy Market, By Vector Type
4.2. Viral Vectors
4.3. Non-Viral Techniques
Chapter 5: Gene Therapy Market, By Gene Type
5.4. Tumor Suppressor
5.5. Suicide Gene
5.7. Growth Factors
Chapter 6: Gene Therapy Market, By Application
6.2. Oncological Disorders
6.3. Rare Diseases
6.4. Cardiovascular Diseases
6.5. Neurological Disorders
6.6. Infectious Diseases
6.7. Other Diseases
Chapter 7: Gene Therapy Market, By Region
7.2. North America
Chapter 8: Company Profile
8.1. Adaptimmune Therapeutics Plc.
8.2. Anchiano Therapeutics Ltd.
8.3. Achieve Life Sciences, Inc.
8.4. Adverum Biotechnologies, Inc.
8.5. Abeona Therapeutics Inc.
8.6. Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation
8.7. Arbutus Biopharma Corporation
8.8. Audentes Therapeutics Inc.
8.9. Avexis Inc.
8.10. Bluebird Bio, Inc.
8.11. Celgene Corporation
8.12. Crispr Therapeutics Ag
8.13. Editas Medicine, Inc.
8.14. Gilead Sciences, Inc.
8.15. Glaxosmithkline Plc
8.16. Intellia Therapeutics Inc.
8.17. Merck & Co., Inc.
8.18. Novartis Ag
8.19. Regenxbio, Inc.
8.20. Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
8.21. Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc.
8.22. Uniqure N. V.
8.23. Voyager Therapeutics, Inc.
For more information about this report visit www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yt2y68