DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "CRISPR Technology Global Market Report 2020-30: COVID-19 Growth and Change" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the crispr technology market? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? This global market report answers all these questions and many more.
The global CRISPR technology market is expected to increase from $0.76 billion in 2019 to $0.92 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.91%. The exponential growth is mainly due to the COVID-19 outbreak that has led to the research for drugs for COVID-19 with gene-editing using CRISPR technology. The market is expected to reach $1.55 billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 19.13%.
The application of CRISPR technology as a diagnostic tool is expected to boost the market during the period. The Sherlock CRISPR SARS-CoV-2 kit is the first diagnostic kit based on CRISPR technology for infectious diseases caused due to COVID-19. In May 2020, FDA announced the emergency use authorization to the Sherlock BioSciences Inc's Sherlock CRISPR SARS-CoV-2 kit which is a CRISPR-based SHERLOCK (Specific High-sensitivity Enzymatic Reporter unLOCKing) diagnostic test. This test helps in specifically targeting RNA or DNA sequences of the SARS-CoV-2 virus from specimens or samples such as nasal swabs from the upper respiratory tract and fluid in the lungs from bronchoalveolar lavage specimens. This diagnostic kit has high specificity and sensitivity and does not provide false negative or positive results. Widening the application of CRISPR technology for the diagnosis of infectious diseases will increase the demand for CRISPR technology products and services.
North America was the largest region in the CRISPR technology market in 2019. Europe was the second-largest region in the CRISPR technology market in 2019.
Stringent government regulations are expected to retard the growth of the CRISPR technology market during the period. Several advancements in CRISPR technology are trending in the market during the period.
Major players in the CRISPR technology market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, GenScript Biotech Corporation, CRISPR Therapeutics AG, Editas Medicine, Horizon Discovery plc, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. (Danaher), Origene Technologies, Inc., Transposagenbio Biopharmaceuticals (Hera Biolabs), Intellia Therapeutics Inc., and GeneCopoeia, Inc.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider crispr technology market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the influence of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its growth.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the growth trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The crispr technology market section of the report gives context. It compares the crispr technology market with other segments of the crispr technology market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, crispr technology market indicators comparison.
Companies Mentioned (A-Z)
- Agilent Technologies
- Applied StemCell
- Biophramaceuticals (Hera Biolabs)
- Caribou Biosciences
- Cellecta Inc.
- CRISPR Therapeutics AG
- Editas Medicine
- Egenesis Inc.
- GE Healthcare Dharmacon Inc.
- GeneCopoeia Inc.
- GenScript Biotech Corporation
- Horizon Discovery PLC
- Integrated DNA Technologies Inc. (Danaher)
- Intellia Therapeutics Inc.
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Merck KGaA
- New England Biolabs Inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Origene Technologies Inc.
- Precision Biosciences
- Sangamo Therapeutics
- Synthego Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
For more information about this report visit www.researchandmarkets.com/r/71fzdf