Cellosaurus release 34 is available on the ExPASy server: web.expasy.org/cellosaurus/
- 118785 cell lines (88553 human, 20872 mouse, 2136 rat)
- 671 species represented
- 79419 synonyms
- 345031 cross-references to 89 ontologies, databases, catalogs, etc.
- 112586 references to 19047 distinct publications (papers, patents, theses, etc.)
- 20864 web links
- 6927 human, mouse and dog cell lines with STR profiles (from 496 distinct sources)
Since release 33 of December 2019: 1151 entries were created and 54273 entries were updated
2) Change in the DI line: introduction of links to Orphanet Rare Disease Ontology
Starting with this release cell lines that are originating from patients suffering from a rare disease or that have been engineered to contain a causal mutation for a rare disease are annotated with a disease line ("DI") can now contain links to the the Orphanet Rare Disease Ontology (ORDO).
Note that the mapping of diseased cell lines to ORDO is not complete and is expected to be finished in release 35.
Corresponding entry in the file cellosaurus_xrefs.txt:
Abbrev: ORDO Name : Orphanet Rare Disease Ontology Server: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ols/ontologies/ordo Db_URL: https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ols/ontologies/ordo/terms?iri=http://www.orpha.net/ORDO/%s Cat : Ontologies
DI ORDO; Orphanet_586; Cystic fibrosis
In the XML version the ORDO mappings are, like those to the NCIt in the
<disease-list> <cv-term terminology="NCIt" accession="C75463">Prader-Willi syndrome</cv-term> <cv-term terminology="ORDO" accession="Orphanet_739">Prader-Willi syndrome</cv-term> </disease-list>
3) Changes in the CC lines
Introduction of a new topic: "Karyotypic information".
CC Karyotypic information: Haploid except for a disomy of chromosome 8. CC Karyotypic information: Has lost chromosome Y. CC Karyotypic information: Triploid karyotype.