Los Angeles, USA, April 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Insights 2021: Analysis of Key Companies, Emerging Therapies, Recent Happenings and Futuristic Trends
The leading gene-editing companies looking at commercializing CRISPR-based therapeutics are CRISPR Therapeutics, Intellia Therapeutics, and Editas Medicine. CRISPR Therapeutics has the largest market cap of the three, at $10.9B, with a clinical development program that is more advanced than those of Intellia and Editas. Editas Medicine has the smallest market cap of the three companies. Intellia has established high profile collaborations with Regeneron and Novartis.
DelveInsight’s “CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Insight” report offers a broad view of available CRISPR therapies in the market, pipeline CRISPR therapies, their MoA, RoA, key companies working in the domain and competitive assessment.
Some of the key takeaways from the CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Report:
- CRISPR/Cas9 has the potential to transform the healthcare industry by proving to be a disruptive innovation by switching on/ off any particular gene.
- CRISPR technology has broad potential in the field of cancer and genetic diseases. The key drivers of the CRISPR technology market are: increase in investment by government and private institutions on research and development of genome editing, rise in prevalence of genetic disorders, and increase in the application of CRISPR/Cas9 technology to improve crop production.
- However, ethical issues associated with CRISPR technology and lack of skilled personnel can hinder the growth of the global CRISPR technology market.
- Some of the key players in the field of CRISPR technology are Vertex Pharmaceuticals; Excision Biotherapeutic; CRISPR Therapeutics; Intellia Therapeutics; Editas Medicine; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. (Danaher); GenScript Biotech Corporation; GeneCopoeia; Applied StemCell; Casebia Therapeutics; Modalis Therapeutics; Mustang Bio; Sarepta Therapeutics; Origene Technologies; ASC Therapeutics; Emendo Biotherapeutics; Precision Biosciences; Horizon Discovery; Synthego Corporation; Agilent Technologies; Evotec A.G; Beam Therapeutics; New England Biolabs; Novartis; Caribou Biosciences; Addgene among others
- In November 2019, Vertex Pharmaceuticals entered into a strategic research collaboration with Molecular Templates (MTEM) to discover and develop targeted conditioning regimens to enhance the haematopoietic stem cell transplant process, including transplants conducted as part of treatment with ex vivo CRISPR/Cas9 CTX 001 gene-editing therapy. The collaboration seeks to discover a new conditioning regimen utilizing MTEM’s engineered toxin body (ETB) platform designed to specifically target and remove specific cells to enable successful engraftment of new cells.
- Gene editing technologies such as CRISPR produces good results in the screening phase of drug discovery by using the CRISPR–associated protein 9 (Cas9) enzyme and guide RNA to edit the genome at a particular point. In November 2019, German drug discovery and development company, Evotec SE received the CRISPR gene-editing technology license from Merck to discover and test new drugs.
Interested in knowing more? Request for the sample @ CRISPR Therapies in the Pipeline
The report underlines the present unmet needs in the market, driving factors and market constraints, along with the holistic view of the inactive therapeutics (comprising dormant and terminated products) with the reasons behind their downfall, detailed insights into the structure and gene editing tool of the pipeline CRISPR therapies to help clients gauge the opportunities and risks in the market.
In the News
- CRISPR Therapeutics has announced its participation in the 20th Annual Needham Virtual Healthcare Conference on April 12, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. ET.
- Scribe Therapeutics recently announced a USD 100 million series B funding round to help the company achieve its mission in developing molecules through its “Crispr by design” platform. The company has also inked a deal with Biogen to design Crispr-based genetic medicines for diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Intellia Therapeutics announced the European Commission (EC) approval of orphan drug designation to its NTLA-2001, being developed for a rare condition transthyretin amyloidosis (ATTR).
- Editas Medicine plans to advance its landmark Brilliance trial, the first-ever in vivo gene editing program investigating EDIT-101 for Leber Congenital Amaurosis 10 (LCA10).
Know what is happening in the CRISPR Pipeline Therapies @ CRISPR Pipeline Recent Happenings
What is CRISPR?
CRISPRs (Clusters of Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) are specialized stretches of DNA and are a shorthand for ‘’CRISPR-Cas9’’, which are transcribed by the bacteria to RNA stretches during viral infections. The same CRISPR technology can be leveraged to identify, alter and modify the DNA sequences and genomes.
The technique is used to correct genetic defects, prevent the spread of disease by altering the genetic sequence, improving crop viability and durability, and so on without affecting the functions of other genes.
Want to learn more about the leading candidates in different clinical stages of trials? Reach out @ CRISPR Emerging Therapies and Key Companies
At a Glance: Emerging CRISPR Therapies, RoA, MoA and Companies
|Drug||Company||Collaboration||Clinical Phase||Target Indication||RoA|
|EBT-101||Excision Biotherapeutic||Temple University||Pre-clinical||HIV-1 infections||Intravenous|
|LCA10 program||Editas Therapeutics||NA||Pre-clinical||Usher syndromes||NA|
|LBP-EC01||Locus Biosciences||CARB-X||Phase I||Urinary tract infections||Parenteral|
|CTX-130||CRISPR Therapeutics||NA||Phase I||Diffuse large B cell lymphoma; T-cell lymphoma||Intravenous|
|CTX001||CRISPR Therapeutics||Vertex||Phase I/II||Beta-thalassaemia; Sickle cell anaemia||Intravenous|
|EDIT-101||Editas Medicine||NA||Phase I/II||Leber congenital amaurosis||Subretinal injection|
|NTLA-2001||Intellia Therapeutics||Regeneron||Phase I||Transthyretin-related hereditary amyloidosis||Intravenous|
Know more about budding CRISPR therapies projected to transform the landscape @ Emerging CRISPR Therapeutics and Market Scenario
CRISPR Therapeutic Assessment
The CRISPR Therapies Pipeline report proffers comprehensive insights into active pipeline assets segmented by Stage, Product Type, Route of Administration, Molecule Type, Target and Indications of various drugs.
By Product Type
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
By Route of Administration
By Mechanism of Action
- Gene modulators; Prealbumin inhibitors
- Gene transference
- Cell replacements
- Immune System
- Multiple Kinase
By Stage and Route of Administration
By Stage and Product Type
To know more, Visit CRISPR CAS-9 Technology and Emerging Trends
Scope of the report
- Coverage: Global
- Key Players: Vertex Pharmaceuticals; Excision Biotherapeutic; CRISPR Therapeutics; Intellia Therapeutics; Editas Medicine; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. (Danaher); GenScript Biotech Corporation; GeneCopoeia; Applied StemCell; Casebia Therapeutics; Modalis Therapeutics; Mustang Bio; Sarepta Therapeutics; Origene Technologies; ASC Therapeutics; Emendo Biotherapeutics; Precision Biosciences; Horizon Discovery; Synthego Corporation; Agilent Technologies; Evotec A.G; Beam Therapeutics; New England Biolabs; Novartis; Caribou Biosciences; Addgene; and many others.
- Key CRISPR Pipeline Therapies: CTX 120; CTX 110; OTQ 923; EDIT 301; NTLA 2001; ASC 618; EBT-101; LCA10 program; LBP-EC01; CTX-130; EDIT-101 among others.
Learn more about the scope and highlights of the report @ CRISPR Pipeline Emerging Drug Pipeline
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- How many companies are developing drugs based on CRISPR technology?
- How many CRISPR technology-based drugs are being developed by each company?
- How many CRISPR technology emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the CRISPR technology?
- What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for CRISPR technology and its status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
Got queries? Get in touch @ CRISPR Technology and Pipeline Therapies
Table of Contents
|3||CRISPR Therapies Overview|
|4||Competitive Landscape – Active Drugs|
|5||CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Therapeutics|
|6||CRISPR Therapies Preclinical Stage Products|
|7||In-depth Commercial CRISPR Therapeutics Assessment|
|8||Late Stage CRISPR Pipeline Products (Phase III and Preregistration)|
|9||Mid-Stage CRISPR Therapies Pipeline Products (Phase II)|
|10||Pre-clinical and Discovery Stage CRISPR Pipeline Therapies|
|11||Inactive CRISPR Pipeline Products|
|12||CRISPR Therapies Key Companies|
|13||CRISPR Therapies Key Products|
|14||Company-University Collaborations (Licensing/Partnering) Analysis|
|15||CRISPR Therapies Market Drivers and Barriers|
|16||CRISPR Therapies Future Perspectives and Conclusion|
|17||CRISPR Pipeline Therapies: Analyst Views|
Know more about report offerings @ CRISPR Pipeline Insights
Adeno Associated Virus Vectors In Gene Therapy Market
DelveInsight's "Adeno-Associated Virus Vectors in Gene Therapy - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030" report.
Gene Therapy In Oncology Innovation To Commercialization Competitive Landscape
DelveInsight’’s “Gene Therapies in Oncology - Innovation to Commercialization: Competitive Landscape, Technological Advancements, Market Opportunities & Future Directions, 2018” report.
Complicated Urinary Tract Infections Market
DelveInsight's "Complicated Urinary Tract Infections - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030" report.
Usher Syndrome Type 2 Market
DelveInsight's "Usher Syndrome Type 2 - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030" report.
Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma Market
DelveInsight's "Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030" report.
Beta Thalassemia Thal Market
DelveInsight's "Beta-thalassemia (B-thal) - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030" report.
Sickle Cell Disease Market
DelveInsight's "Sickle Cell Disease - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030" report.
Gene and Cell Therapies in CNS Disorders
Analysis of the key companies in the domain is BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics, Helixmith, Q therapeutics, Neuroplast, StemCyte, Axovant, Libella Gene Therapeutics, Voyager Therapeutics and many others.
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing end-to-end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all the healthcare and pharma market research reports through our subscription-based platform PharmDelve.