In view of the deadly second wave of the novel coronavirus, West Bengal CS, on Saturday, announced some additional restrictions given the surge in COVID-19 cases. All private offices, schools, colleges will remain closed, whereas, bazaars, markets selling vegetables, fruits, milk, the bread will only remain open from 7 am to 10 am.
As for the local trains, metro services, inter-state bus/train services, Inland Waterways, they are all to remain closed. Additionally, Intra-state goods trucks' movement is also restricted except for essential supplies. Private cars, taxis, auto movement to remain closed.
No movement of people or vehicles is to be allowed from 9 pm to 5 am. Bank working hours will be from 10 am to 2 pm. Bengal government is imposing a full lockdown from tomorrow in the state for the next 15 days. However, the state govt terming it as 'restrictions'.
Here is a complete list of what's allowed and what's not during the 'lockdown' in West Bengal.
- All schools, colleges, and Anganwadi centres will remain closed.
- All government and private offices and establishments shall remain closed.
- Essential emergency services will be allowed to function.
- Shopping complexes, malls, restaurants, salons, gyms, swimming pools will remain closed.
- Retail shops to remain open only till 7 am till 10 am.
- Sweets and meat shops are allowed to remain open from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Medical shops and optical shops will remain open as usual.
- Parks and zoos will remain closed.
- Metro services closed, local trains and buses will remain closed except for emergency essential service personnel.
- Private cars, taxis are exempted from emergency essential services.
- Metro services will operate only for those who are engaged in emergency services.
- Goods carrier to remain suspended except for medical and food services.
- All political, entertainment, cultural, religious gathering prohibited.
- All industries and manufacturing units will remain closed except for food and medical supplies and medical packaging services.