Job title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Directorate: Projects and Production
Location: London, UK
Reporting to: Project Manager
Job duration: 10 month contract but could develop into a permanent position.
Remuneration: £400 per day
The Senior Mechanical Engineer (SME) works within the engineering group supporting new device development pertaining to drug and electroporation delivery technology. The SME is responsible for development of drug delivery systems and integration with Inovio electroporation technology and related components. The SME develops device concepts to meet performance requirements determined by business development and the technical team, demonstrates feasibility through analysis and testing, refines product designs to meet cost and contract manufacturing goals, and verifies and validates finished products against specifications. The SME also supports ongoing contract manufacturing sustaining engineering efforts. Design work must be documented and test results recorded conforming to 21 CFR 820.30 requirements for medical device design control. The SME position requires a diverse set of engineering skills with the major focus on mechanical engineering.
1. Perform hands-on design, building, assembling and de-bugging of device prototypes.
2. Interact with Electrical Engineers to assist with PCB layout and electronic packaging.
3. Analyze and test designs to ensure cost and manufacturing feasibility.
4. Verify and validate finished products to meet required specifications.
5. Find, establish and work with outside vendors to fabricate prototype components.
6. Write protocols and reports, conduct product and component testing, and document work.
7. Participate in testing of de novo delivery devices in vivo using a wide spectrum of animal models, evaluating the efficacy, ease of use and overall performance of the new designs.
Qualifications and Person Specification:
1. B.S. Degree in mechanical engineering or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
2. Minimum 5 years of mechanical engineering, design and CAD experience in the medical or other regulated industry.
3. Fluent experience with CAD modeling using SolidWorks and/or Pro-E.
4. Drafting practices and standards with basic understanding of ANSI Y 14.5, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
5. Prior experience with statistical software for analyzing data and reporting results.
6. Knowledge of FEA modeling, CFD a plus.
7. Experienced user of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Ability to perform in both a team environment and under self-direction.
10. Comfortable with in vivo studies and a vivarium setting
For more information about this role please contact our London office