Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market: Introduction
Novel drug delivery includes formulations, technologies, methods, and systems to transfer an active pharmaceutical ingredient in the body, as desired, in order to safely accomplish its therapeutic effect. Increase in demand for targeted and low dosing frequency drug delivery system is likely to boost the novel vaccine delivery devices market at a rapid pace.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market
- Several advancements have been witnessed in the field of novel drug delivery systems, such as nanoparticle technology, prodrug formulation, liposomes & hydrogels, particle engineering & particulate systems, and three-dimensional printing (3DP) for the delivery of drugs for sustained and controlled release. Three-dimensional printing is a unique prototyping drug delivery technology. This technology has several advantages over other conventional technologies. 3DP can effectively overcome issues related to drug delivery of less water soluble potent drug, peptides, multi-drugs, etc. 3DP can produce solid dosage forms with multiple drugs & excipients, complex internal geometries, variable diffusivities, and densities.
- Prevalence of several acute and chronic diseases has been increasing for the last 50 years, thereby boosting demand for drug development. According to Rand Corporation study, around 60% of the people in the U.S. have single chronic condition, while around 42% have multiple chronic conditions. According to WHO report, globally, over 70 million individuals have been infected with HIV, and around 35 million people died of HIV globally. Around 36.7 million people were living with HIV/AIDS in 2016. Around 1 million people died of HIV related illness in 2016.
- The cost of treatment of several diseases is significantly high, which makes treatment unaffordable for low-income groups. Additionally, lack of reimbursement in certain countries render treatment unreachable to several target groups. For instance, the cost of Spinraza, marketed by Biogen and used for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, is around US$ 750,000 per patient in the first year and US$ 375,000 annually thereafter. Moreover, rare diseases are life-threatening and do not have a permanent cure. Hence, the cost of treatment throughout life renders the treatment unaffordable, leading to a decline in the number of patients who avail treatment.
Request Brochure of Report - www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79457
Electroporation-based needle free injection systems segment dominated global novel vaccine delivery devices market
- Based on type of device, the global immune health supplements market can be divided into electroporation-based needle free injection systems, oral delivery systems, nasal delivery systems, jet injectors, microneedle patches, and microinjectors
- The electroporation-based needle free injection systems segment accounted for a significant share of the market in 2019. Larger investment has been made in the development of this technology, with several devices already available in the market post FDA clearance. Several variants of this technology that are being marketed include Bioject ZetaJetTM, Vitajet 3, and Tev-Tropin.
Intramuscular segment witnessing significant expansion
- Based on route of administration, the global novel vaccine delivery devices market can be segregated into oral, intramuscular, intranasal, intradermal and subcutaneous
- The intramuscular segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019; however, the liquid segment is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period. Advantages offered by the intramuscular route, in terms of vaccine delivery and technological advancements, is a major factors driving the segment. In February 2020, Seqirus received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for AUDENZ (Influenza A (H5N1) Monovalent Vaccine, Adjuvanted) to help protect individuals six months of age and older against influenza A (H5N1). It is an adjuvanted monovalent vaccine that is an injectable emulsion for intramuscular use.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market - www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=79457
Hospitals segment to dominate global novel vaccine delivery devices market
- Based on end-user, the global novel vaccine delivery devices market can be split into hospitals, clinics & vaccination centers, and others
- The hospitals segment accounted for a major share of the market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. It is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period. However, the clinics & vaccination centers segment is projected to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period due to focused services offered at these centers. Clinics & vaccination centers are uniquely positioned to increase immunization rates in the U.S. In a 2009 survey, only 20% to 30% of internists and family physicians stocked all vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with nearly 80% not planning to increase their offerings and 2% planning to stop carrying them altogether. Most hospitals administer vaccinations during traditional clinic hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday); however, clinics & vaccination centers often offer expanded hours that allow patients to receive vaccinations at more convenient times
Request for Custom Research - www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=79457
North America to dominate global novel vaccine delivery devices market
- In terms of region, the global novel vaccine delivery devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the novel vaccine delivery devices market. Increase in prevalence of several chronic diseases and disorders, such as polio, measles, and influenza, drives the demand for vaccine delivery systems in the region. In the U.S., CDC estimates that from October 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020, around 39,000,000 to 56,000,000 flu illnesses were recorded, in which 24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths occurred.
- The novel vaccine delivery system market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to be driven by countries such as India and China. Additionally, adoption of regulations for drug delivery systems and suitable reimbursement scenario are key factors driving the market in Asia Pacific. Increase in incidence of several acute and chronic diseases in Asia Pacific drives the market in the region. India has high incidence of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis. According to WHO report (2015), India had 2.8 million tuberculosis patients, which was nearly 27.3% of global TB incidence, followed by Indonesia (9.8%), and China (8.8%). Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) is a vaccine for tuberculosis (TB) disease.
Pre book Novel Vaccine Delivery Devices Market Report at www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=79457<ype=S
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global novel vaccine delivery devices market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Corium Inc.
- INOVIO Pharmaceuticals
- Enesi Pharma
- Ichor Medical Systems
- Debiotech S.A.
- ICONOVO AB
Browse More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Point-of-Care Glucose Testing Market- www.transparencymarketresearch.com/point-of-care-glucose-testing-market.html
Auditory Brainstem Implant Market- www.transparencymarketresearch.com/auditory-brainstem-implant-market.html
Glioma Therapeutics Market- www.transparencymarketresearch.com/glioma-therapeutics-market.html
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]