Vaccinations for all adults under Phase 3 of the government's 'Vaccine For All' drive for everyone above 18 years of age start today. Keeping in mind the welfare of the people, several States have decided to vaccinate their population against the surging COVID-19 pandemic free. The drive to inoculate those between 18 and 44 years, is to start from today, May 1.
As of today, more than 2.45 crore beneficiaries have registered themselves on the Co-WIN digital platform for the crucial third phase of vaccination and understandably also have questions about the vaccination process and what to expect when it comes to their turn.
Please remember while going for vaccination:
- Please Carry the Photo ID card mentioned in your appointment details for vaccination
- If you have any comorbidities, please carry a medical certificate with you for the vaccination appointment
- You can also call the Co-Win helpline number 1075 for any additional details
- Maintain 6-feet distance while standing/sitting as you await your turn
- Always wear your mask and carry a small bottle of hand sanitiser with you.
After getting vaccinated:
- After getting your dose the health care worker should observe you for about 15 minutes to make sure you don’t have any immediate reactions.
- Be prepared to face some side effects such as arm soreness at the injection site, mild fever, fatigue, headache, chills, etc.
- Eat nutritious food to improve your immunity
- Speak to your doctor at regular intervals if required
- Keep yourself and others safe - keep wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing.
Taking your COVID-19 vaccination is the best step towards fighting the pandemic; take it yourself and encourage your family, friends, co-workers, etc. to take it too.